A Lot Of Aftertreatment Faults

Rate this topic

Is it me or does it appear that the onset of cooler weather has triggered a lot of emissions problems? I have benn getting hammered with SCR problems in the last few weeks and it seems to be all of a sudden... or am I imagining this?

I've been doing my share of DEF tank heaters here as well. Both on F-Series under the campaign, and on Transits as well. I especially like doing the ones on Transits because most of them have been out of warranty.

I am seeing weird shit too. Cascading faults you might call them. In recent memory an EGR cooler gets replaced and within a couple thousand miles trucks come back with a P207F that ends up being the filter. The pinpoint tests have been updated but they are time consuming. The first thing that pisses me off is they have you get the truck hot by performing the DEF injector clean procedure... then go ahead and pull the injector off and do the leak test... flow test and take a sample of the fluid. Really? After a good visual inspection the first thing I do is unbolt the injector, do a flow and leak test and obtain my sample. From there I can circle back and follow the tests with out having to stop for a cool down... unless I find the problem there.