18N03

Rate this topic

mchan68

Wow.....

Is FoMoCo for real? How many of you have gotten into doing one of these delights yet? If I get this right, that's 61 pages of nonsense reading for a procedure that only pays us 2.5 hours, not to mention cuts down the time paid if 17S33 is open as well to add insult to injury!!!

Does anyone else seem to think this is just one large Band Aid on FoMoCo's part that is only going to yield a very limited benefit to the customer for the amount of work (time wasting?) that we are going to be subjected to?

Someone on the pts boards said something about Ford having Red Green working for them coming up with the fixes. Naturally I was curious to who Red Green is and got on youtube. That shit is hilarious.:haha2:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On one of the trucks I did the 18N03 repair on, came back with a complaint of the driver's door unable to close. When I was finally able to replicate the condition, I noticed the lock would neither lock or unlock. It was then, I pinpointed the cause to the driver's door exterior lock cylinder to latch rod jamming. So I replaced the lock rod. The replacement rod has different bends. Anyone else run into this before?IMG_20190306_164918.thumb.jpg.eca81007488197a7d49b51b6dd6a259a.jpg

5 hours ago, Bruce Amacker said:

Almost looks like a right/left thing, could it be boxed wrong?

There is no left and right on this particular vehicle. Only the driver's door handle is equipped with a lock cylinder.

10 hours ago, forddieseldoctor said:

Anyone have any tricks for getting the washer fluid into the cables? 

That is what the hypodermic needle is for. You have to obtain one locally at a pharmacy for example.

ahypo.jpg