Awesome. Fricken awesome.

Rate this topic

Tony302600

I may still be new to this but 2 days ago I had a 00 7.3 F-350 with 144,000 miles on it. Customer used his programmer for eec test, gets the 1316 ( IDM codes detected ) he calls our parts guys with the code, parts tell him he needs an IDM ( no1 will fess up to who did it). He puts it in, gets it towed in as a no start. Run a power balance, #2,4,6,8, are not contributing, runs like crap, thick black smoke coming out exhaust. I say noway new IDM is bad. Do all my test, no oil coming out bank 2 spill spouts, get our test IDM for shits and giggles. Runs awesome with #2 misfiring. Sell him #2 injector, make a seperate R.O. to service part warranty the IDM he just bought.

Manager comes to me today saying Ford will not pay for diag on the IDM, because it is an OTC makes the part. They will only cover powertrain.

Anybody know bout this, had this happen to them, think its fair?

Don't get me pinned down on the details, but if a part (i.e) engine is sold over the counter, not only can the customer get paid for parts and labor performing the repair, but a shop can too. Many customers purchase parts, put them on their selves to save money and then when it fails bring it back into the shop for any warranty repairs.