HP PDS Adapter

Rate this topic

HP had a recall on the first version that came with the iPaq's with the button that switches from charge to link(red to green). They later replaced it with a new adapter. We had to get ours from HP direct(free, of course). It's part number is: 250177-B21. It goes from the iPaq to USB with an AC adapter port molded right in and it's been a while, but I think it came with the charger, too.

I don't know if Rotunda offers it OEM now, but I know you can get it from HP.

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Thanx for the info. My manager contacted someone and one is on the way but he said that the cable attaches to the top of the PDA? (HP iPAQ) The HP is similar to my Dell Axim that has a composite connector at the bottom that is for both data and power. It hat what the HP uses? Perhaps someone is confused.

I use the hx4705 iPaq. When they first came out with the PDS, we jumped both feet first on the bandwagon, mainly also because Ford and HP had a pretty nice discount on the hx4705 for Ford techs. We quickly dumped our NGS on eBay since we wouldn't need it anymore and we could still get decent coin for it. Suffice it to say I spent a lot of time on the phone with the Technical Support Hotline resolving many issues and errors. I didn't realize that not as many dealers were adopting the PDS yet. It all worked out in the end, though. It's a pretty slick little device.

As for the top vs. bottom thing....the hx4705 is, visually, horizontally symmetrical. Maybe they're just looking at it upside down, or downside up. The actual top has the slots for the memory cards. A 1GB SD card is more than you'll ever need as long as you back up your session and calibration files to the PC you sync it with everytime you update the PDS software. In fact, I've never seen that thing under 800MB available. You can even install the PFM software on your IDS laptop to keep everything in one spot. That's what I did.

-Mike