06E17 (Inferred EBP) Diagnostics

Rate this topic

Hey Guys:

I'm looking for more info on inferred EBP diag for early trucks with the 06E17 recall. I know about the sensitivity to exhaust and intake leaks, sticking turbos, using smoke machines and stethoscopes, etc. The P132b pids could probably use more discussion. Some guys think they're good, and some guys think they're bunk. What pids do you rely on? When you have a no code performance complaint, what do you look at first?

Thanks!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Baro, Map,,EGR duty cycle, EGR position, always ICP presure and voltage together, MGP, VGT duty cycle, and RPM's and sometimes FICM pids and others deponding on the way the truck is running. And I always watch the relations between MGP and VGT duty cycle on a road test. Another one I look at alot now is Drive cycles comleted because you can't view distance since last clear on the 03's. This helps when you think some jackass is running a programmer and clearing the memory before they come into the dealership. Oh, and don't forget to pull your crystal ball out of your ars and give it a rub for really wierd ones. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif

Bruce, I would have thought everyone has seen these overviews Ford put out. I thought they were helpful. I could swear there is one more and coincidentally I was going through my printouts of TSB's and things like this... maybe its on my laptop at work. I'll add it if its there...

Bruce, I would have thought everyone has seen these overviews Ford put out.

Yes, I have those and probably the fourth, if there is one. The use of the P132B pids is where I'm driving at. There seems to be a difference of opinion on their value or use.

Thanks!

Have you watched episode 30 of 'TECH TIME' from the Powerstroke Central website? I have not watched this episode yet, but the contents menu lists 7-8 minutes of overview on 06E17 diagnostics.

HTH

Bill