I feel your frustration

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

I now feel the frustration that some of you guys have with your parts dept.'s lack of knowledge or motivation to sell parts.

I just called my old dealer MCF to get a price on a 99 7.3 overhaul kit, just to get the old answer of Ford doesn't make one.

I'm glad I have the 2007-2008 diesel reference cat. online, It felt really good to come back to them with a part # for it. What's even better is when they ask me where I got the # from.

I guess I'm not such a bad parts guy afterall. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I agree Larry, I don't care what all the other guys say, You Rock!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

However...If my dealer ever calls you asking for such a rebuild kit, I want you to tell them exactly what that dealer told you. I'm more of a reman long block kinda guy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Actually if you get a chance check it out, it comes with...

Pistons,rings

Gaskets,

Bearings,rod,main

Geroter gears,

Lube cooler,

Inj. o'rings and seals

And Glow plugs.

Page 46 of the 07-08 Powerstroke diesel ref man.

The best thing about it is the OE Ford overhaul has more in it and actually costs about $200.00 less than the a/m kits that I can also get.

I'm able to sell the OE for about $990.00

That's a hell of a price difference compared to the long blocks or the drop ins.

Just so you know, my fingers are in my ears, my eyes are shut, and I'm chanting "I can't hear you" repeatedly.

There's no beating the cost/benefit ratio of the 3/36 warranty on FQR engines in my opinion. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I see what your saying, but the option is out there and the rebuilds actually go pretty decent. I find that the guy's that buy these kits are more of the fleet techs that do their own work and are cost restrained by the owners/management. The way the economy is going I'm seeing more and more of this type of work happening.

A customer that comes in wanting his engine rebuilt gets one of each of these /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hahaha.gif We almost dont even rebuild transmissions since the 3yr/75K came out. A LOT of owners want whatever warranty is longer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

Just had my customer call back, was very impressed with what they came up with as to a kit, and I am as well. They come with everything, don't have to call the dealer for any gasket or o'ring they have been very thorough on these kits. Every part is tagged and well packaged, this kit is well put together.