6.0L Vibration

Rate this topic

I just did a cab off engine replacement on a 2003 6.0L. Installed a 6007. Crank the motor and it runs fine, no problems noticed while I finish installing interior. When I get into the truck to test drive it I notice a vibration that feels like a misfire. No misfires on powerbalance and vibration is still present with accessory drive belt removed, engine oil level is not too high( hotline said that would cause vibration), unhooked downpipe from truck to see if it would make a difference. Nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go back to work tomorrow and pull the transmission to check flywheel. Grasping at straws here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Yes I put the EVA on it this morning and it says I have a first order engine vibration. I'm currently searching for things that may have grounded out against the body. It's driving me crazy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Have a similar situation with an '03 I did cab off heads on. When I started it and it ran for a bit the trans dipstick vibrates so bad you can't read what it says on top of it. It belongs to the state they could care less so I let it go. Truck ran so bad before repair that I'm not sure if it is something I created or not. This is the only one I've seen do this so far.

Thanks guys but I think I found it. I remembered I had a little problem with the right side #2 body mount. Checked it today and sure enought the bottom half of the mount was seized up in the top half. When installing I got it cocked a little while trying to install it past the leaf spring shackle bolt. I thought it was ok but i guess not. Really kicking my own ass now. Guess I'm still just a newbie.