70.03 B?

Rate this topic

its because there must of been a bug in 70.03 that they are fixing. instead of releasing or rushing out 70.04 which they were probably already working on, they released 70.03B to fix the bug in 70.03. they did the same thing with release 66, i think it was. anyone notice that it was 66A? thats was because of me. i was testing that version and the week before it was to be posted on the website for release i found a problem with PMI on 6.0L for the 03-04(the 04's with the 03 engine)model year. it delayed the release an extra week from when they planned to release it. all of us that were on the original beta for IDS still get to test new releases about 2-3 weeks before they are posted to the website. so when they get ready to go from 70 to 71, i will get 71 about 2 weeks before everyone else.

A long time ago, I learned to update only one IDS at a time.... The method I use is pretty hap-hazard (I only have so many hours in a day) but we have yet to be caught with all our tools down at the same time...

Phuque!@!!!! I had to say that, dint I?

Go to http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/diagnosticsites/vcmdvd/mcs/vcmdvd.asp and select IDS from the column to the left. You're going to get pop-up windows along the line - I don't think that Motorcraft.com is going to deliver any malicious pop-ups so I have them set to "always allow" in my pop-up blocker.

You shouldn't need to do any of the 6 steps that they say you "might need to do". At the bottom of the page, select "Next 1 of 2".

Simply follow the instructions on the page that appears. You will have a few options on how you handle the rest. I have two IDS' to update so I save the file to my thumbdrive and update the machines when they are less likely to be used. In this case, the file you will be saving is IDS-70.exe - about 267 Mb.

Once you have saved it, with IDS closed, simply run the executable file and it will install IDS B70. After it is finished, reboot the computer, start IDS and click the IDS tab at the top and the jack-knife at the bottom. Select "software updates" and click the blue tick. IDS will prompt you if there are any updates available.

I rarely see any red IDS update discs any more and usually download newer versions a month or more before I do see red a disc.

HTH