7.3 No Start

Rate this topic

I've got a 7.3L that just had the high pressure pump gasket replaced at a local indy. Now it won't start due to low ICP. I can take the ICP sensor out and I get flow out of the rail. I was really wondering if there was anything this guy may have done wrong to cause this or is it just a coincidence? Thanks in advance.

Have you done the no start diagnostics in the PC/ED??? This part is pretty basic stuff - do NOT take another shops diagnosis as gospel.... especially if they couldn't fix it. Start with the basics....

There's enough times I have to recheck my own work.... I refuse to trust a strangers work....

Have you done the no start diagnostics in the PC/ED??? This part is pretty basic stuff - do NOT take another shops diagnosis as gospel.... especially if they couldn't fix it. Start with the basics....

There's enough times I have to recheck my own work.... I refuse to trust a strangers work....

If these guys had the HPOP off of the front cover, I'd be real worried about the gear.... there is no keyway on the gear or shaft and if the gear wasn't torqued properly......

I HAVE SEEN A COUPLE WHERE THE TECH HAD THE GEAR COCKED ON THE SHAFT WHEN THEY TOURQUED THE BOLT AND THEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS CRANKED IT STAIGHTENS OUT AND IS LOOSE I WOULD CHECK THIS IF YOU HAVE NO OR LOW ICP PRESS ALSO MAKE SURE THEY PLUGGED IN THE IPR AND THE WIRES ARE OK