P026A

Rate this topic

This is lifted from the PCED:

P026A charge air cooler efficiency below threshold.

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) continuously monitors the charge air cooler (CAC)

efficiency. If the PCM detects that the modeled CAC efficiency differs from the measured

CAC efficiency by more than a calibrated value for 10 seconds, the DTC sets.

Possible Causes: • Low CAC coolant level

• Restricted CAC

Diagnostic Aids: Check the CAC system for low fluid level, cracked, restricted or misrouted coolant lines,

cracked or restricted heat exchanger.

Simple enough, I pop the hood and look around and the secondary cooling system degas bottle is empty. I fill it and pressure test it (5 psi :rolleyes:). Look under the truck and it looks like the fruit punch Kool-Aid pitcher dude got ran over. Closer inspection reveals this:

Posted Image

This is a weird one. The protective wrap goes all the way up to the red line. The hose is zip tied to the shroud and I cut it so I could pull the wrap down to look. With the hose in it's natural position, the damaged section of hose sits at the circled area and does not touch anything. Only thing I can think is it was damaged somehow when it was made.

So a new EGR cooler supply hose and fill and bleed and it's right as rain.

Got the hose in and installed. Taking the grille out is definitely the way to go when working on the secondary hoses or t-stats on the secondary radiator.

Posted Image

outlet to egr cooler inlet

low temperature t-stat

outlet to trans cooler inlet