In 23 years at a dealer.......

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

....I have never had this happen before. I am trying to get a truck back together for the end of the day. It's a cab off trifecta. The service advisor comes out and says "don't get in any hurry to finish that truck, the owner died of a heart attack last night".

Holy shit! He was a very fit guy and only 53. I had to remove a kayak from the roof rack to get the cab off. He was an avid outdoors type and did construction.

My condolences go out to his family.

We put an engine in a Class A motorhome for a guy and he was camped out in our gravel parking lot for a week or so getting ready to continue on his trip and he died in his RV! Nobody saw him for a day or two and then the family called the sheriff worried that they hadn't heard from him and found him dead in the bathroom of an anuerysm. It was a sad deal to say the least.

We had a car delivery truck driver die on us two years ago. He arrived at four and when we headed out at six he still hadn't unloaded a unit but he was under his truck. We hollered at him and no movement, the parts manager pulled him out from under the truck... Posted Image

Where I used to work BF (Before Ford), a very upset older man came in the service area and claimed he had locked the keys in his car. The Service Manager tried to calm him down, but he expired in a waiting room full of people before anyone could get to his car to check it out. Paramedics couldn't revive him, but in a final note of irony, his keys were found in his coat pocket.