P0088 WITH HARD START

Rate this topic

I have a 2011 f-250 6.7 with a p0088 code,high pressure fuel rail code.they say it went into derate till they got it here and the check engine light was on.I went out to crank it and it would not start at first.after a couple of attempts it started and i brouht it in.The code was in memory.I went to pinpoint test m.States to perform high pressure fuel test.it passed this twice.says problem is intermittent and system functioning normally at this time.Wrote the htline and they suggest looking at fuel and check for filter replacement,although they did mention that one tech had to replace a vcv for this.anyone else see this?

• 2 weeks later...

come to find out,the low pressure pump crapped out.had only 20 psi.now has 55 psi,but still fails the high pressure fuel test.the customer said there was a crap load of debris in filter,but I did not see that.I also removed and replaced the vcv,as it looked damaged.I would have to believe at this point the high pressure pump is the issue.

The job aid for checking for def is a little misleading.The picture of def on filters and other components shows what i believe to be excessive amounts of def.mY FIELD ENGINEER found just a couple of chyrstals on the vcv.Therefore we have to condemn the whole fuel system on this truck.JUST REMENBER ,if you find 1 or 2 particules,it has already done something in.