Something shiny looking in fuel bowl

Rate this topic

Just took a quick peak at this 2000 f 350 after the starter was replaced due to slow crank.After starter replaced cranked right up.Test drove around block and noticed low power output.By the time I returned it ran poorly.Shut off and would not restart.Inspected fuel by removing fuel filter,as I know this thing is not serviced very well.Pulled out filter and fuel looks like shiny particles floating around.Stuck a magnet in there,but not ferous material.I did reinstall filter and check for codes.No codes,but during cranking icp moving around alot from like 150 to 325psi.I have seen rust and other ugly crap,but not this.Checked the filter in between the pleats and it looks ok.Yes I know I am jumping around alot,but they are crying for truck.Idea,s?

I've seen gold colored flakes before that I assumed came from the fuel pump. Maybe the pump is worn out but that wouldn't be the reason for the low ICP of course.