Autonerdz and Pico scope

Rate this topic

I am aboard member but don't have a Pico yet. Bought a Hantek 8 channel chinese knock-of to play with but haven't had a chance to try it out. Ordered a couple cables from Autonerdz and got them in 3 days. Pretty damn quick considering they are on the other coast.

Gail Taylor

PS: guess i should change my username here as i will never go back to a dealership anyway?

• 1 month later...

Ive got a 4 channel pico and love the thing. I am no where near as proficient as i would like to be, and certainly no where close to those autonerdz guys. Ive been reading as much as i can from them, they have some very bright people. When I was at the dealer hotline never liked the pico traces i would send. Most of those guys did not understand what they were looking at or they wanted me to use that stupid pos vmm. Other than a few special ids integrated features that vmm is just awful especially when compared to the pico.

Actually, the VMM was quite an improvement over the cartoon presented by WDS. The good thing about VMM is the "canned" parameter set-ups. It can be easy to get lost in manual set-ups.

Like we told the guys on the fire dept. "play with your toys" - familiarity is your friend.

• Like 1

"play with your toys" - familiarity is your friend.

Ditto on both of the above, I've had three Picos in excess of ten years and using it regularly keeps you familiar.  I save the traces both in a .PSD and Powerpoint pasted format as I use them in class regularly.  It also helps you understand how injectors work when you scope volts and amps and overlay them.

I was fortunate enough to take an intense 50 hour Guru Scope class at Linder's in Indy a few years back, and that was an amazing experience also.

:grin:

• Like 1