2003 vt365 won't run when hot.

Rate this topic

kellyf

2003 4300 with vt365.This has been to our other shop and they have replaced dummy plugs.I dont have a tool to air test this thing,but my quwstion is,does this have an stg fitting on the high pressure pump.I generally work on fords and I know this was not is the f series in 2003,but the ipr is in the top of the cover and the icp is in the oilo rail at the valve cover.I suspect that if it has the fitting it may be pushed out.This thing also has 281k miles on it.

I think you're asking if there's a STC fitting on the HP pump outlet tube, and the answer is no but there is a QD fitting that can leak if it's an early engine.  Pull the doghouse, there's an Allen plug on the back of the pump cover you can pressurize the HP oil system through, and ground the IPR return wire to close the IPR KOEO if you don't have a scan tool. Or pull the VCs and crank the engine looking for leaks, that's what most of our local dealer guys do.

If the ICP is in the RF oil rail it should be an '04 or later engine.  Check your VIN and ESN, don't go by the EPA date on the valve cover, post or PM me your VIN and ESN and I'll tell you what you have.  The 2003.25 F model did get the 6.0 engine which is virtually the same long block.