Ford Ain't So Bad

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Due to issues within my dealership I have been working on some Doge trucks in between my regular workload. I now have access to Chrysler's Dealer Connect and all I can say is WOW. No wonder those guys cant fix anything. The manuals SUCK. The diagnostics SUCK. The scan tool is clumsy. In comparison, I think that as Ford techs we have an excellent technical and support system available to us. Granted, it's not perfect but, be thankful for what you DO have!

Amen to that. I was going to mention this in reference to another on going post but you beat me to it. If all the Ford techs that are belly-aching over on the FMC website were to jump ship and go to Chrysler, they would come back begging for their old job.

• 1 year later...

Due to issues within my dealership I have been working on some Doge trucks in between my regular workload. I now have access to Chrysler's Dealer Connect and all I can say is WOW. No wonder those guys cant fix anything. The manuals SUCK. The diagnostics SUCK. The scan tool is clumsy. In comparison, I think that as Ford techs we have an excellent technical and support system available to us. Granted, it's not perfect but, be thankful for what you DO have!

Yep. Ford is among the best for manuals, and the IDS is far and away one of the easiest factory tools to navigate. You gotta love those lousy track style wiring diagrams that BMW/Mercedes and other Euro imports offer. They are enough to make a person start smoking crack.