2012 odd powersteering issue

Rate this topic

leavnon3rd

2012 f550 6.7 towed in with complaint of ps fluid erripting from the resv. Verify it does and the pump makes a ton of nouse since its been running dry for a while. Flush the system install a new pump start it up and its quiet and i have power assist back. BUT i noriced afrer a few min of normal bleeding the pumps anoittle noisey like low on fluid and the resv. Has a lot of fluid churrning init . Ive never had one with this much air if it is air. All lines look food. Should i give it some more run rime?

I know that some of this vintage had the high pressure hose (pump to hydroboost) come apart internally where the line unions near the firewall/booster. When you pull the union fittings apart it will look like there is a clear, plastic straw/tube all loose internal to the line. Might be worth a look.

I have seen that on 3 different vehicles in the past while. An 08 gas SD, the clear piece came out of the end of the pressure line and was stuck in the box, a 2010 dodge half ton, the piece was hanging out of the pressure line and jammed into the valve on the rack, and on an 09 6.4 SD, at the hydro boost bulkhead connection (that is unhooked during cab off.)