Injector Cup Labor Time

Rate this topic

I got an 01 F350 that needs a set of injector cups. It's been a while since I did a set and I was never the one to write the quote. We got a new service manager and he ain't the greatest with diesel quotes.

Anyone got any idea on how many hours I should be quoting?

You can calculate the time by factoring in the extra steps required after the injectors are removed. So you've got the labor time for injector R&R, then you need to drain and refill the coolant, my puller setup I made requires that the rocker arms be removed, so I factor that in and the time to pop 1 cup out and clean the loc tite out of the head, and bang a new one in.....times 8.

Obviously you want to be competitive and fair to your customer, but you need to look out for yourself also. If the customer baulks at a given quote, tell them how much it would cost them if you removed the heads and did it on the bench. That usually squashes any arguments.

Obviously you want to be competitive and fair to your customer, but you need to look out for yourself also. If the customer baulks at a given quote, tell them how much it would cost them if you removed the heads and did it on the bench. That usually squashes any arguments.

Exactly. Well stated. :thumbup:

You can calculate the time by factoring in the extra steps required after the injectors are removed. So you've got the labor time for injector R&R, then you need to drain and refill the coolant, my puller setup I made requires that the rocker arms be removed, so I factor that in and the time to pop 1 cup out and clean the loc tite out of the head, and bang a new one in.....times 8.

I completly agree which is why I asked the question. It's been a long time since I did one and didn't wanna be unfair to either party.