Insurance Came Through = New Tool Box!

Rate this topic

the_twig_187

so it took over 5 months but the insurance company (Travlers insurance) finally approved the purchase of a new tool box ($6000 + TAX). I decided to purchase a huge MAC Tools Macimizer box in custom ordered black and green colours and couldnt be more happy. All of us in the industry know that no one pays full retail price for tool boxs. My Snap-on classic 78 box retails for $5,999 + Tax but I only paid $3,500. I got an estimate from snap-on for a replacement of my classic 78 box which states that at full retail price, to replace my burnt box would cost $5,999 + tax so the insurance company approved that number. I then went to Mac tools and said I would like to buy a new Mac box instead of a Snap-on one and what could Mac do to persuade me. The price of the Macimizer "MB1350" retials for $9,999 and was brought down to $6,000 + Tax to fit with my insurance company budget. All and all I had to pay $500 for the deductable on the insurance claim and had to give my burnt snap-on box to the insurance company and I recieved a 10 thousand dollar Mac tool box.

Moral of the story...GET INSURANCE FOR YOUR TOOLS (im so glad I did!)

20160706_223952000_iOS.jpg

20160706_193035860_iOS.jpg

20160706_183713887_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

I am glad to hear that it worked out for you! But it's not your place of business and was not your Mustang that went up in flames so the fact that your insurance had to be used and you had to pay anything out of pocket escapes me.