f750 ficm replacement

Rate this topic

hey guys we got a f750 in the shop with a code 451 checked wiring and inj seem to test ok tech ordered ficm do these ficms come blank like the 250-550 ficm and if so what do you have to do to program with md truck we had to fight with managment for over a month to get a laptop that would run md truck they said the computer guys did not like dell or panasonic so they will only get ibm it makes it hard to work with ford when you got a problem and you're running a computer they dont support

I don't know about the FICM being blank for Navistar applications but you need to get your IT guys to get their heads out of their asses. If the module is blank you will need to program it and likely the PCM as well which means YOU NEED MD Truck up and running. As much as I hate the small screen on the Panasonic I have come to like and respect the IDS equipment. Not a glitch or mishap as of yet for my dealer. IBM computers are great but let's get real. You have work to do and customers to support!

I have had my share of computer woes concerning my dealership and CAT software and computers. Got your own laptop or PC? If you are running Windows XP Pro you can load IDS and MD Truck and use it from there. At least then if you have problems you can mess with it without involving anyone 'cause it's YOUR STUFF! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/2cents.gif

thanks for the reply we finally got our dell yesterday and its works with md truck and the ficm was blank reprogramming only took the tech three trys? was not involved in this process first hand but truck now runs and customer only had to wait just over a month not bad right ha ha the best thing about the new computer is they wont put ids on it because they dont want to buy the cable to hook up the vcm so we got a computer capable of running it and a vcm getting dusty but no way to hook them together oh well maybe after another disgruntled customer complains his way up to upper management well get yet another piece of the puzzle