We are going to be doing school buses...

Rate this topic

66glide

Mostly IC's with 7.6L Maxxforce power. (The 466 I believe). A few freightliners with either Cat or Mercedes power. Some weird part of me is looking forward to it. 

So far, mostly oil changes, a starter, an alternator, a fan clutch, a steering shaft u-joint on different units. Likely this kind of stuff is about the "heaviest" work we will do.

Any tips/tricks/things to watch for? All input appreciated!

What age of units, model and brake system? 09 and up IC ce series floor sill cracking at hold downs, poor connections at in the battery box's where the 3 fuse holders are, under seat heater housings breaking mostly on the inboard side, screws falling out everywhere. seat backs under the foam cracking.. IC keeps me in job security, what does that say?

Cat 3126's and C7's like to crack piston rings in higher mileage and start to consume oil, have a lopie idle and nice little puff out the breather tube.

the MB906 with out egr have been fairly good over all but they crack the fuel return like that runs above the unit injectors. the C2's tend to have water leaks that end up causing the flooring to come un-bonded, earlier versions had issues with corrosion on wiring in various places.