Quit after 33 years!

Rate this topic

Fordracer

After 33 years at the same dealer I have finally had enough of Fords bullshit and the dealership life. Yesterday was my last day and now I'm working at home full time. I've had a shop at home for 25 years and have a lot of clients so hopefully it works out. I was the only one working on diesels at my dealer but we have two other guys certified but they only work on a couple a year when I'm on vacation, usually they hold the jobs for me when I'm gone.  It's going to be nice to spend more time with my 11 year old boy and work when I want to. No more Saturdays and working in a hot shop since I have central A/C and heat. No more warranty and prior approval bullshit. It feels weird since I spent most of my life there.

Excellent. It will be one of the best decisions that you ever made! (As long as you don't cave to the people who think you should work for $30.00 hourly cause you work from home).

Excellent. It will be one of the best decisions that you ever made! (As long as you don't cave to the people who think you should work for $30.00 hourly cause you work from home).

Yup, This is the biggest challenge with having your own shop especially when its at home. People think since its not a big place or a dealership you can work on their junk for damn near free. 

• Like 1