My Explorer - Destroyed

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Actually my wife's new Explorer. Two months old and hadn't even had it's first oil change. A young driver pulled out of a side street with a stop sign right in front of her as she was traveling with traffic while moving about 35-40 MPH. They hit and turned the Explorer across the opposing lane and off the road hitting a storm drain an embankment and took out a fire hydrant. She had no injuries thankfully. The Explorer is junk. Both lower control arms are broken, subframe is pushed back, ripped from the front. Our adjuster said just from the description from the recovery peeps it hit "severely high" on the repair estimate tool. She has all but written it off without even seeing it. I sent them pics and they will inspect it today when they take it to their holding yard so we should know for sure soon. To me it does not look that bad and think it will buff out but the experts say this is severe damage. Blew the right curtain and drivers airbags. Notice she juuuuust missed the pole. :whew: Otherwise things would have turned out differently I am sure.

IMG_5228_reduced.jpg

IMG_5234_reduced.jpg

IMG_5218-resize.jpg

Looks like the explorer did its job and took care of your wife! 

hope you had some gap insurance incase its totaled and worth less then the owed value