Career move (life after Ford), and can somebody in Canada pls run a VIN through OASIS?

Rate this topic

YukonTyler

Hey y'all,

Back toward last winter I applied on a maintenance job posting at our local major petroleum distributor. I screened in, interviewed and got the position, and now I get to look after all of the buildings, fuel storage and fuel delivery infrastructure (multiple bulk plants, retail fuel stations and card locks) for North 60 Petro here in the Yukon. I am based out of Whitehorse but get to go all over the Territory - pretty neat.

Pay is virtually the same, but the level of autonomy is greatly increased and the daily variety is definitely something. I wasn't expecting to exit the trade at 32 but it was too good of an opportunity to pass over. On the side I have started a small, mobile used vehicle pre-purchase inspection and insurance inspection service. This fills my time on select weeknights and I am truly as busy as I want to be. The phone doesn't stop ringing : )

One of the things I do miss however is access to Oasis. Can anybody in Canada run a VIN for me? A family member is looking at a used 2015 Escape from down south - just want to see the warranty start date, if it had prepaid maint and if there has been any batshit crazy warranty history. If anybody can lend a hand then speak up and I'll forward the serial #. Much obliged! 

• Like 1