Dumb question 2017 f150 8.8 rear

Rate this topic

Not being in a dealership for a few years now, I have a 17 f150 2.7eco 4x4 with the std 8.8 open rear diff with rsc abs traction controll, yada yada yada. lol

I live in the snow belt and the "traction control" is just not a performer on ice from a stop sign or lights in 2wd.  My shop truck (2006 f150) with out the nannies is much better performing in the snow and on the ice traction wise in 2wd. (yes I know tires make a huge diff) It will act get away from a dead stop with little issues compared to my personal truck.

Why is there no option for a limited slip in this truck? I have looked online and there is no one offering a lim slip replacement carrier for this year of truck (2015 and newer).. I am guessing that it has to do with the electronic nannies now standard, but I would prefer a lim slip and let the nannies sleep till act needed. I know u can option an e locker but that was not an option for me at the time.

From what I have found is that the open carrier has the same basic # and bearings appear to be the same part as what is in the pre 2015's, I have not seen inside the cover of a newer truck to know if there is a tone ring or anything else to work with all the nannies. Can any one tell me if the pre 2015 lim slip carrier would act work in my truck???  Can any one post up a pic of a pre 2015 and a post 2015 to compare?