aftermarket scan tools

Rate this topic

Have been interested in finding a scan tool that would do oe type functions for multiple car lines. I have considered snap on modus, matco maxgo, or max2.0, or autel. I find these tools are very expensive and require costly updates that never seams to go away. With work being  slow at my shop, kind of need to do side work, and i need the tool to do pmi, program keys, have bi-directional capabilities, like command outputs on and off, and communicate with all modules on car. all so need it to pay for itself in return on investment, do to being technician who lives on wk. to wk. check. I stumbled upon a app called FORscan on the internet, that states free, looks like you only have to buy a adapter that connects to car and connects with blue tooth. Has any body tried this app with any success? Just curious which scan tools techs are finding is best for the money

The best deal for the money in Snap-on is the Ethos Edge.  Same scanner functionality as their best scanner.  Updates are only around $400.00, as opposed to double or triple that for the others.  

There's no Troubleshooting help with it, but there isn't with competitive scanners either.

No aftermarket scanner does everything an OEM one does.  If you need every function and every module, buy OEM.