2012 6.7 high idle

Rate this topic

I have 3 2012 f350 with 6.7L diesel engine. 2 of them have high idle hooked up to upfitter switch 4 brown wire to yellow with green tracer wire for pto there is no resistor installed and high idle works and sets to 1200 rpm. The 3rd truck however does not work even with the resistor installed as outlined for proper operation. Looking over diagrams everything is hooked correctly, hoping somebody has run into this and can point me in correct direction. Thanks

I am confused: You say two trucks work fine WITHOUT the resistor and one does not work correctly WITH a resister. If it is supposed to work like the other two then remove the resister and wire it up the same. Am I missing something?

For the conversation, are we using this bulletin? Q-180R4.pdf

One came in wired without resistor system working normally once new park brake switch installed, second truck was wired the same way just joined yellow with green tracer to brown wire for switch both of these do not have resistor. 3rd truck did not work without resistor so i followed the mentioned bulletin and high idle on unit still does not work. 

It should work if wired properly - with that said I now recall having a hell of a time with one of these a few years back. If my memory serves me right there were two wires  that were the same color but only one was for PTO-1 Take a really close look at all of the wires in the take-outs and pass through.