DPS6 in 2020

Rate this topic

These things are like a turd that won't flush. I have lost count of how many clutches, TCM's, actuators and even transmissions themselves (cooked from being run low on fluid) that I have done this year. Not sure when it will end on a dealer level but soon it will be on the shoulders of the independents. The warranty extensions have got to run out and some point in time, right? 

One thing that I have noticed as these things have been in service for a long time now, is any coolant leak at the rear of the engine is a death blow to the clutch system. It sucks for the customer if not dealt with in a timely manner, what could be a relatively cheap hose repair turns into a multiple thousand dollar job. It doesn't help that any fluid that makes its way into the bell housing really has no way out. 

I have two such units in my bay now and I am sure many more to come before New Years day.

I dread seeing what these things will like when low level I don't give a shit dirt bags get their hands on these things. Someone put the clutch snap ring on upside down on the one I did Saturday and jeez is it a pain in the ass to get back off.