PTO install on 2012 International

Rate this topic

cbriggs

Wondering if anyone can help me. I am helping a friend install a PTO (for a crane) on a 2012 international 4300, 4wd, with a maxforce engine and allison trans. It has the OE PTO switch in the dash, but did not previously have a PTO installed. We are looking for electrical connection points, and info on rpm control, and if any programming is required to turn on PTO capabilities. Thanks!

90BODY INTEGRATION0060AAABDY INTG, REMOTE POWER MODULE Mounted Under Cab or On Battery Box, Up to 6 Outputs & 6 Inputs, Max 20 amp per Channel, Max 80 amp Total; Includes 1 Switch Pack with Latched Switches

91BODY INTEGRATION0060ABEBDY INTG, PTO ACCOMMODATION for Electric over Hydraulic PTO, Does Not Include Solenoids, with Latched Switch Mounted on Dash Includes Audible Alarm and Indicator Light in Gauge Cluster (Requires 1 Remote Power Module input & 1 output)

Find the Remote Power Module (RPM). There will be a 6 cavity plug. One of those output pins will be controlled by the PTO dash switch. 

A dealer "should" be able to provide you with terminals if you need them.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your help. I've got the pto up and running, but I need to wire the feedback signal to an input on the remote power module, to turn on the pto indicator lamp when it is engaged. Any Idea what pin it needs to be connected to? I found a ton of diagrams online, but none provide a pin location for the feedback signal, only saying that it needs to be connected to an input on the 23 pin connector of the RPM.

The PTO assy has a switch to indicate it is engaged, but to turn on the Indicator light in the instrument cluster, I need to connect it to the remote power module, as the module communicates over a CAN network to the IC and switch pack. One of my suggestions was to install an external light on the dash, but the owner would prefer it to light the OE equipped lamp in the IC. A feed back is also required if alarms, warnings or cutout logic is to be programmed into the remote power module. 

9 hours ago, cbriggs said:

The PTO assy has a switch to indicate it is engaged, but to turn on the Indicator light in the instrument cluster, I need to connect it to the remote power module, as the module communicates over a CAN network to the IC and switch pack. One of my suggestions was to install an external light on the dash, but the owner would prefer it to light the OE equipped lamp in the IC. A feed back is also required if alarms, warnings or cutout logic is to be programmed into the remote power module. 

Ah. I understand now. I was assuming it was an external light.