2014 Terrastar ABS diag

Rate this topic

Hey guys, if anyone has access to international service info I’ve got a 14 terrastar here with an ABS light on.  The DTC it has I can find almost no information out online.  

vin is 1HTKPSKK3EH754925 

the source is 11, SPN is 1044 and FMI is 2.  

The only thing I have a is generic HD code reader and it tells me is Hydraulic pump motor data intermittent or erratic.  I’m not sure if this means the booster pump or an ABS pump.  The booster pump is running and the brakes work fine on the vehicle.  I can not clear this code it seems like it’s an active fault. 

I just wanted to get an idea of what direction to look.  This is a plow truck and so far it’s been a wiring nightmare with corrosion 

If this has the "hydraulic power brake" system on it check the data link wires at the large connector, they are the first 2 towards the front of the vehicle and get lots of road rash abuse. this is a link to the manual if it is the full power brake system. the motors are monitored internally to the hcu and if you have good power and grounds its a new hcu.... on a school bus they get one "clean power" from the battery box and the other is on the firewall so not sure about the terrastars. one pump is powered through the big connector and one by the 2 wire connector. both suffer from road rash.

http://graphicvillage.org/meritor/MM0401.pdf

I have found with school bus's using anything but the wabco reader the fault codes don't match wabco's info. using the dash or ic's readers to pull codes are mostly pointless numbers wise. the definition may be accurate though.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t been able to do anything with this truck.  Short of having a wiring diagram or any kind of general diagnostics I’ve done what I can.  Basically visually looked at as much wiring as I could while finding nothing.  

This brake system looks like what you would find on a super duty except there is an electric motor up under the master cylinder that runs when you key on.  If I pull the relay for it I get a brake pressure light on the dash, separate from the ABS light that’s always on.  The HCU is down on the frame rail and I checked the connector visually and it looks okay.  

It’s probably going to have to go to international in the spring if they want it fixed

oh yeah and it’s developed and oil leak around the left side valve cover in the rear that looks like it’s gonna be a nightmare to find and fix.  I’m thinking fuel rail seal