PCM/FICM Calibration part number changes for E350.

Rate this topic

Hello everybody. This is my first post here so let me start by saying how much I enjoy lurking here and finding the answers to some of my questions before I even ask. I have put that search tool to good use. It's interesting to see how different the 6.0L's problems are in the vans(which are all we do) as compared to the trucks. Our problems aren't as numerous, but there a few similarities(turbos and EGR's obviously). On to my question:

I've recently seen a change in part numbers for the 6.0L PCM's in E350's and was wondering if anyone else has seen these and what they might mean. For example, for the '06's we've had nothing but 6C2A-12A650-YE for the past few months. Loved it, too. Vans ran great, cold started great, no smoke, nothing, plenty of power, too. Then, suddenly it became 6U7A-FJA. Likewise, the '07's had 7C2A-LB, now it's 7U7A-CAA. I haven't noticed any tangible difference between them yet, but I haven't done an explicit "before and after" test yet either.

The most confusing part of it is when I get the Excel sheet of all the latest calibrations from motorcraftservice.com, there's no trace of these part numbers on there. They still list 6C2A-YE and 7C2A-LB at the latest calibrations available. I think it might be a simple name change based on while using PDS to do the recal, it didn't ask me to redock it to download the calibration files. All I saw when it was done was the new part number.

Any thoughts?

-Mike