Jasper 6.7L Complete Assembly

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

With parts availability plaguing our industry, we all know short and long block assemblies from Ford are either not available or scarce when they are. I just installed my first ever Jasper product. I ask opinions and almost always I get negative opinions offered. My experience...

2015 f350 Ambulance 67K miles, 9600 Engine Hours, 7600 idling.  Running like ass popping out the intake with heavy oil in the intake. Didn't even bother diaging any further. Made a quote - with much on backorder with no ETA.  Customer requested a Jasper engine. Still had to wait 8 weeks. 

Engine arrives... dipped in paint as thick as a Ford FQR.  Had to add all of the needed hardware and "stuff" the engine did not come with, gaskets and fasteners to strip the top of the engine to install it and so on... got it in. No big deal. 

1. Cost more than OEM
  2. Added labor
  3. Added parts required
  4. Injector IQR numbers in-accurate (IMPORTANT!!!)
  5. Leaked fuel from a loose FRP Sensor 3-days after the fact
  6. Paint peeling from front cover from dirt and oil UNDER the paint
  7. Questionable Warranty policy
  8. Ships with a REALLY NEAT party hat! (bonus)

I'll update if it darkens my doorstep in the near future. This is a county ambulance that patrols constantly - if that is not extreme duty, I don't know what is.  We shall see.  :ohnoes:

Jasper Engine.jpg

I wish you luck in not seeing for any warranty stuff.  I've had poor luck with Jasper anything.  I have a Jasper trans to put in a heavily modded/deleted 6.7 Ram next week. 

How did your 6.7 start, like they "live ran" or like it was never run?

I did a 6.4 complete assembly in a 2008 just prior to Labor day, Ford FQR, no issues.  On initial start, I cycled key twice, it fired fast and smooth.