p1548

Rate this topic

2018 f450 throwing code p1548. replaced air filter it wasnt that dirty. pinpoint test KA syas turbo checks out ok, first drive of the day will happen everytime gauge on dash reading 40 psi but truck is clearly not moving like it is getting 40 psi of boost. could the egr throttle plate be sticking causing my concern? anyone have any experience with this ?

I had one or two of these - one was a F750 that a new air filter corrected it although the one I removed was clean. Was baffled by it.

Make sure the MAF sensor is clean - is there is any question use CRC MAF Sensor cleaner, clear the code and retry.

And you say you performed pinpoint tests KA - be absolutely certain you tested for leaks and restrictions. In theory yes a misbehaving EGR throttle plate could do it but I would think there would be relevant codes for it.

after driving it again in the back lot low oil pressure light came on, checked the oil was missing 8 quarts. added the oil and checked it again found the turbo shaft broken. thanks for the help. 

good question it was still trying to build 40 lbs of boost once i get it off i will be able to see the backside better maybe that will have some answers