6.7 copper gasket stuck

Rate this topic

Hello, does any one have any tips on pulling out stuck injector copper washers? I had 2 injectors stuck, had to slide hammer them out but now the copper washers are stuck in the bore.  I've made a little hook out of a coat hanger to try to lift it up but it is moving. Also does any one have suggestions for cleaning the injector bore, the shop manual does not show a brush, the 3.5 gtdi brush is close but not quite long enough.

Pretty sure somebody reused the washers on this truck, they supposedly have only been in there for 30,00km. Once I got them out you can see where they leaked. Went at it with a borescope and pick to clean around the washers, then was able to break them free.  Probably why those 2 injectors got stuck so bad.  The 3.5 brush ended up working pretty good for cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used various cleaning tools but gun bore brushes seem to work well. What about using tap and adjustable holder to get the copper washer out?

I had a similar problem with one that had a couple doubled up washers. I eventually broke them free with a long  bent tip trans pick. Got them out with a 1/4" extension with some grease on the end.

I had a brief attempt with the tap but I was too scared of cutting too deep. They where packed in way tighter than any others I've had to deal with.