Focus ABS Question

Rate this topic

Hey Guys:

I know this is off topic, but I have heard that Focus rear drum ABS use the new style MR (Magnetic Reluctance) sensor instead of a regular AC style sensor, and the reluctor is built into the rear wheel seal. Can anyone verify this, and tell me what years it applies to? I'll have to include this in my ABS class.

Thanks!

I can't say for the Focus for sure, Bruce.... On the SuperDuty it was around 04 MY that they switched to the new style sensor. Looks just like a VRS on the outside (still only two wires).

Been a while since I had to test one (they are usually ripped out by the roots in our area) but I recall that you can't use an ohmeter.....

Hopefuully, I'll get some time later to check it out for you.

I can't say for the Focus for sure, Bruce.... On the SuperDuty it was around 04 MY that they switched to the new style sensor. Looks just like a VRS on the outside (still only two wires).

I recall that you can't use an ohmeter.....

Just that info alone is very helpful.

Thanks, Jim!

I'm pretty sure the Focus used them from day one... I don't know if the new Focus still uses them... I'll have to take a trip to the car shop one day to have a looksie...