6.4 Pukers?

Rate this topic

I have not heard of them blowing out of the resevoir, but I have been reading about some poor chap that is having problems with one that keeps blowing the tanks off of the radiator. I imagine with the kind of boost that this engine makes, cylinder head to block sealing issues will have some effects similar, but worse than 6.0s.

I'll have to do some checking... I recall something about some front cover problems that would backpressure the cooling system. Sorry, I can't remember the specifics....

Anything you can tell us about the truck, Dale? Tuner? How the truck is used? Anything?

Just the very thought of this makes me want to puke. I hope this turns out to be a rare failure and something other than head gaskets. We really need this sucker to hold together!

I'll have to do some checking... I recall something about some front cover problems that would backpressure the cooling system. Sorry, I can't remember the specifics....

Anything you can tell us about the truck, Dale? Tuner? How the truck is used? Anything?

F450 pickup with no modifications at all. Truck had 2300 or so miles on it but most of that was from Georgia to Oklahoma. Intially looked as though the EGR cooler connection was loose but not the case the whole underside of the hood was moist and a gallon low on coolant.

The front cover issue, IIRC, was flashing that was blocking part of a water passage.

The one I am thinking about had a lack of heat from the A/C at idle..

I'm sure there have been others that manifested differently.

I have seen the flashing int he front cover cause problems as well. our car service department had one. I just got one in with the side take on the radiator leaking too.

• 2 weeks later...