Insane coupons from Ford

Rate this topic

Tony302600

Other diesel tech came to me with an R.O. reads "replace 8 glowplugs." Customer pay, and there was a coupon atached to it $359.99 to replace 8 glow plugs. Now at $24 a glow plug, x 8, and at our shop rate thats about 1.5ish hours. Now i think thats crap, i'm all for getting work in, but i dunno bout this way. I dont wanna sound like im crying but c'mon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

Nuts. I got one too. Diesel fuel filters and an LOF - $103.00! Techs still get paid the .9 but that was a serious f-up on somebody's part! That coupon was in the ford mailer too.

So far, three 6.0L owners have taken advantage of that one.

Alex, in my dealer's case I believe the mailers are a part of the Ford Marketing program. I have seen my managers putting together specials so I think the specials and prices on the coupons other than nationally advertised items are set by the dealer. I am not sure how it actual works but I could ask. The screw up could be on our end, Fords end or anywhere in between! As far as I know we are honoring the "insane" coupons we have sent out to our customer base.

I worked at a Honda car dealership that had a fairly active coupon program. The Service Director that hired me thought that it was only fair to pay the techs what the jobs would sell for normally, he felt that because the company decided to offer a discount the employee should not have to take a hit. Really a great boss; I had the privilege of working with him for 6 years before he was promoted to GM at a different store.

Then came the penny-pinching nickle-nosed bean counter new guy that replaced him. He thought that the techs should "participate" in the discounts. He was great for finding ways to reduce our paychecks. I lasted almost a year with him; one extreme to the other.

Are they discounting the parts at all, or just the labor?

Steve we dont know yet. We went to our service manager ( who ALWAYS takes mine and the diesel techs side with anything ) and he looked at the coupon and says " NO WAY that is rediculous. " we thought that was funny. We talked to the manager and he said we wont honor those because they are from a competitive Ford dealer 3 miles away who we rival with. Me and the other diesel tech came to a conclusion that we wont mind honoring them as long as parts takes the hit and sells them at $1 over cost so we can get at least 2.5 outta the deal to draw some business in.

Generic pricing is entered in the "form." It is intended for the dealer to override the pricing with pricing that reflects a "deal" and is appropriate in the market place. This is for both labor and parts. (i.e. Los Angeles, California would be diffrent than Dallas, Texas)