No start e350 6.0

Rate this topic

Here we go, 05 no start normal crank 6.0. Everytime we get the van it starts. Has 60K on it, other dealers have put 3 cam sensors, egr valves, and did all the tsb's for no start. The other diesel tech put a branch tube and fitting in it 2 months ago. Checked harness chafing on PCM, no codes, starts up everytime we get it then gets towed in. Any idea guys?

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys its back, the e350 that ive been messing with. P2614 now in codes, and the guy said it wouldnt start, he let it roll down the hill of his driveway and slammed on the brakes, it rocked the truck, and then he got it started. Did voltage drops on cam sensor ckt, and we dont have the adpater for the VDR so i cant use it. Voltage drop is .02-.04 volts on the ckt. I cant verify it but it keeps getting towed in. am i chasing wiring, PCM, FICM, i cant figure this thing out.

Had one doing same thing, ambulance. A/c worked intermittently also, after tech replaced PCM, with no change replaced harness and cured it. You could actually grab the harness near the PCM and give a good tug when in no start mode and it would start.

Bad part was after getting the harness out (tough job) a week later the egr cooler went out, and it had to be torn down again.

Not sure if this helps but ours hasn't been back been about a year now.

That is what I'm leaning torwards. They said that when the 2nd to last dealer did the "reposition harness around PCM connector by oil dipstick tube" it cured it for a year, now this, so i probably will put a harness in it. I cant get it to act up grabbing the harness though like u said.

Tony I have the exact same thing also and it was the wiring harness. Luckily it was a cargo van and I could get at all the body bolts easily. I removed the whole body and it was way nicer to do the harness. I even livt ambulance bdies off. My tools of preference would be five big black garbage bags full of acetylene and a really long wick for the a cab removal. Unfortunatley no one wants to let me try it.