Any of you guys have this?

Rate this topic

05 with hard start hot or cold, once started runs VERY VERY quiet and when u hit accel pedal wont do anything, but barely idle. go to do KOER and p1725, 1726 come up. All pids look awesome except IPR is at 18% but ICP is at 600-800psi hmmmmm. It was a int. stuck IPR. Seth at Hotline helped me with that one and explained that the computer sees 600-800 from the icp but is actually getting 400ish causing hard start and it being VERY VERY quiet( i think thats how i remember it )

Just replaced one today.icp would reach around 500psi while cranking and ipr at 84%.Removed ipr and found screen fallen off.

Too funny. I also had the same thing today. Turns out the green o-ring on the IPR was torn and the screen was off, but to not take any chances, I threw in an IPR (instead of just the o-ring) and all was well.

We had a run on IPR's with the screen that had come off. There is a TSB or SSM about replacing the pump along with any damaged IPR or IPR with debris on the screen. I used to dismiss that advice and screwed myself twice by just spinning in a new IPR and not fixing the concern.

05 with hard start hot or cold, once started runs VERY VERY quiet and when u hit accel pedal wont do anything, but barely idle. go to do KOER and p1725, 1726 come up. All pids look awesome except IPR is at 18% but ICP is at 600-800psi hmmmmm. It was a int. stuck IPR. Seth at Hotline helped me with that one and explained that the computer sees 600-800 from the icp but is actually getting 400ish causing hard start and it being VERY VERY quiet( i think thats how i remember it )

Help me out, as I'm not following the logic here. If IPR is 18% cold, it shows the ICP is already too high, since cold IPR is usually 30% or more. If ICP is already too high, the engine should be too loud from over advanced injection timing, not quiet as you state.

Did you look at ICP V as well? Maybe the PCM was substituting a known good value in ICP (your 600-800). I'm thinking cold ICP should be above 1000 and cold IPR should be above 30%.

I think it's important to look at ICP V because it's actual, when ICP is a calculated figure and will be substituted by the PCM when it sees something wrong.

I understand the P1725 and P1726 as the PCM wasn't seeing the RPM increase usually associated with increased ICP and timing during KOER. I'm kind of surprised there were no P2280ish ICP codes, though.

I've had a run on bad new-style ICP sensors here lately.

Long crank, quiet running, no power - all intermittant.

No codes.

If you catch it while you've got a scan tool, you see lower than normal IPR #'s, and KOEO shows a pressure from the ICP sensor.

By the way, under certain circumstances, the PCM will not only substitute a calculated value for ICP pressure, but ICP voltage as well...

Unplug the ICP sensor during the event, and all goes back to normal..