premature pretensioner

Rate this topic

I'm driving a '98 Econoline 7.3 with no power. This thing is a worn out ambulance with over a quarter million miles on it. The door just about falls off when opened, the air bag lite is on, it leaks it creaks, ect. Anyway I pull over to readjust some pids using the IDS when all of a sudden BOOM. I look down and the drivers belt buckle is about an inch or two shorter and smoke is rolling out everywhere. The tensioner went off all by its lonesome, one of the few times i'm glad I wasn't buckled up! Right about the time it happened I had the IDS sitting between the seats and a text balloon popped up saying I had an internet connection available, while roaming about you can pick up connections pretty easily, but xm radio reception sucks, go figure.

Very strange, I didn't think these things would do anything with the lite on. Needless to say I was a tad gun shy on the way back to the shop, kinda had a "gangster lean" thing going while eyeballing that incenerary device bolted to the steering wheel.