WIF on '06 model

Rate this topic

Had a '06 F-350 today with wif message on in cluster. Customer drained it and it was all diesel, I did it and it was all diesel. So I removed the header and it was full of the tell tale waxy junk. I thought the heater delete manifold was supposed to take care of this . Unit has 5000 miles on it, not sure of the hours. Could draining the separator every 30 days as suggested for the '08 help prevent this? Is it a design problem? Kinda aggravating, I mean how far do you go when they say their lite is on?

You say it was waxy. It wouldn't be a residue byproduct of Biodiesel would it? I don't see any bio diesel up here, but I hear it's being run more commonly down your way.

No it's all diesel, and the junk inside is that typical, I guess it could be describe as "vaseline" like. We got our share of bio for sure, we even got places to get straight cooking oil. Thank the good Lord, most of our customers steer away from the non conventional fuels. Not too many hippies drivin' super dutys.

This thing has a dump body with an after axle tank, did the water intrusion apply to this year also? I'm too lazy to dig up the article right now, long night.

Customer needed truck and took off before I could go any further with it, so no answers to your question Jim.

We started harvesting HFCM Cheese long ago. This build up reduces the collection bowl capacity and when it reaches the sensor it acts like water and triggers the WIF light. This is not warranty able and may be cleaned out. TSB 06-22-12 has instructions on repairing this concern.

Posted Image