TECH TIME PLUS 1-17-05

Rate this topic

snw blue by you

Did anybody watch this? My shop foreman and I logged in at 11:05 and it was already done.

What happened? The PTS forums have some pretty funny comments.

Seems all that was said was the torque for injectors is 24 ft lbs.

It was supposed to be cold start/loss of power tech tips.

How typical of Ford to hallyboo this, and it turns out to be nothing.

Just goes to show , the only people who know or care about 6.0Ls are the ones working on them.

Just my point of view. Posted Image

Hoo hoo! I just read the "reviews" about Tech Time Plus on the PTS Message Boards. All negative, they really beat it up. I missed it because our FordStar is currently not working but I get the impression seeing the re-broadcast just isn't going to be worth the time.

me and another tech watched it. it made for a good laugh to start the day off but that was about it. i did pick up on the features of the power balance test for 6.0L's. ive never used the power balance but now that i have seen what it can do i just may play around with it the next 6.0L i get for a poor/rough run.

• 1 month later...

The enhanced power balance is a good tool. We see -40 during the winter all too regularly and see a lot of cold weather problems. Being able to take fuel strategy away helps avod replacing good injectors and missing bad ones.

Checking LOAD and MFDES PIDs can help, too. In a couple of extreme cases I saw 99% load and over 60mg mass fuel desired on a cold motor at idle.