Great Diesel Links!

Rate this topic

When I get the chance, I do a of of reading on what ever topics spur an interest. Usually one of the many bulletin boards I frequent turns me onto a topic. I thought I would start a topic and start sharing these great sources of information as I (we) find them. I can start with several.

These are all active links. Posted Image

Do you mean TheDieselStop.com ? A wild congregation of lunatics and crackpots indeed, all hosted by a bunch of computer geeks that are making a LOT of money advertising products to enhance the beauty of your truck while melting a few pistons and burning up some transmissions! You can actually learn how to commit warranty fraud and avoid any liability for modding your truck or boosting it's power beyond it's designed limits. There are actually some intelligent regulars mixed in with the shade-tree guys, I do respect them and have learned a thing or two.

But Jim? It would seem that you and I and a few others here are apparently addicted to TDS! What's more is that we provide accurate and valuable information... and get nothing in return with the exception of possible the joy of participating while the owner, Jason Lester, cashes in. Now, who are the lunatics? Posted Image It must be the raceday cocktails.. ooh! The race is starting and I am done pecking at the keyboard for now!.

Been casting an eye at the TV my own self.. NASCAR in hi-def AND 5.1..... all that's missing is the ubiquitous "track burger" and the smells.

Seems like I can piss them TDS guys off, but not enough for them to request my abscence. I can't be really sure why I'm addicted to the place... I usually make my feelings known when I see terms like "stealership" and so on. Don't know if you saw my reply to one of the guys that calls me "grumpy".... I mentioned that being grumpy beat the hell out of being dumb.

But, like we've mentioned so many times, these guys will increase torque half again what came from the factory and it's the motor and trans that are a POS rather than whatever some "expert" sold them on.

At the same time, I try to inject some modicum of sanity to posts from guys that think they know everything (after all, they replaced a CMP and now their truck runs) but don't know shit from shinola. It's also a great education - our DP is always alert to increasing retail sales and knowing the customer helps tailor this program.

Whenever possible, I like to slip in an off-site link.... The guys at 6LPS are very good but there's a lot of union stuff there. Canada has better labour laws than the US and unionizing our shop would penalize our DP much more than anything than could be done to Ford. Fortunately, our DP is one of those men that knows the value of his service staff and treats us very well.

Quote:
Been casting an eye at the TV my own self.. NASCAR in hi-def AND 5.1..... all that's missing is the ubiquitous "track burger" and the smells.
That gives me an idea Posted Image You know those fancy candles that they seem to be able to make smell like just about anything? How about a candle that smells like a burger or hot dog stand? Burning rubber, or racing fuel!

I got it... a sweaty 300 Lb redneck belching hot dogs and beer! Posted Image