I just can't believe it...

Rate this topic

3 weeks ago I had an LCF for a no start hot condition. I found a terribly torn O-ring on the right oil rail block off plug. Today, it came back with the same symptom... I now found the left rail O-ring torn... roadtested it, shut it off, went to restart and it was still only making about 370 psi... So, I went to the STC fitting, which was also coming apart. Now it's fixed, but I can't believe how ALL these things went wrong at the same time!

Just did a Sick-o like that last week. Warranty claim kicked back because they figure the labour ops overlap with the TSB. So I had to send inventive comments back to explain to these mechanically illiterate warranty nazi's how I had more that one problem with high pressure oil leaks on this truck and had to repair it twice. Havn't heard back from them yet.

I got beat up really bad on a 6.0L for the same thing. Watched it happen to another guy too! Its always a good idea to inspect everything while you have it apart. I know I was pissed off at myself for assuming that finding "the leak" did not necessarily mean that was the only leak.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had another LCF today. It was obvious that the leak was in the right side oil rail plug, but just to be safe, I decided to check the plug on the left oil rail, and it too was quite worn... not enough to cause a no start (yet), but not too far from it. I guess I'll be replacing these o-rings in pairs from now on.