Tekonsha 6562 Trailer Emulator Bulletin

Rate this topic

Rotunda Technician Tool Program Announcement

6562 Trailer Emulator

Product Change Bulletin

Date: July 7, 2005

Early versions of the Tekonsha 6562 Trailer Emulator are not compatible with the Ford 6C34-2C006-AD Trailer Brake Control. The trailer emulator can cause an intermittent false trailer disconnect when used with this version of the Ford trailer brake control. The 6C34-2C006-AD brake control started production (being installed in Super Duty Trucks) in late March 2005. Prior versions of the brake control, the 5C34-2C006-AH and the 5C34-2C006-AJ, should have no issues with this emulator.

Changes to the emulator are complete to ensure compatibility to the 6C34-2C006-AD. The new part number for the emulator is 6562-A. The part number and the color of the “Handle with Care” label located on the end of the emulator can be used to differentiate the old version with the new version. The new label is gray and has the part number 6562-A printed on it, see Figure 1. The old label was blue and had the part number 6562 printed on it, see Figure 2.

Figure 1.

Posted Image

Figure 2.

Posted Image

Cequent Electrical Products will replace, at no cost to the consumer, all 6562 trailer emulators sold and distributed through Rotunda Technician Tool Program (RTTP). To obtain a replacement emulator, call our Technical Service Hotline toll free @ 1-888-785-5832.

A technician will ask for the name and associated dealership of the person wishing to replace the emulator. That person will be asked to ship the emulator back to our location (postage will be paid by Cequent). Upon receipt of the old emulator, a new replacement will be shipped back to the customer. Contact the Technical Service Hotline at the number above for complete return instructions. Recent purchasers of the 6562 having not yet received their orders, will be sent the 6562-A instead of the original 6562 ordered.

Source: Rotunda Technician Tool Program email Announcement

On the Net: http://www.tekonsha.com

I recently got one of these through the Rotunda Technician Tool Program and of coarse mine was one of the incompatible ones. So I called the # and it was the Tech Line to Tekonsha, NOT Ford.

They took my info and gave me the address and a reference number. I printed up a UPS label and billed it to them and I will be handing it to my UPS dude at work!

Easy. Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Got my new exchange tester today... just like they said and they paid for all of the shipping. Another reason to use the RTTP I suppose, they back what they sell and inform you of any product concerns or recalls.