"Bending wrenches".

Rate this topic

Like the subject say.... "bending wrenches".... I like to keep a supply of "decent" combination end wrenches on hand for the sole purpose of "customizing".... SnapOn and MAC are not really my first choice for "quality wrenches" anyway...

But there are many very good tools to be had away from the tool trucks.... for much cheaper....

In my area, Cambodian (err, I meant Canadian) Tire has a couple of lines of what I would consider "professional" quality wrenches and they often come on very good sale.... (important to sort out the professional quality from the "consumer" quality) and there are other brands.... Westward, Husky, Proto, Hazet (if they are still around) amongst many others.... good tools at good prices....

Anyway... the idea is to have wrenches in the "popular" sizes on hand.... wrenches that we wont feel bad about applying heat and force to.... wrenches that we can customize to make a particular task easier.....

Now.... we knew there would be a downside.... I have a LOT of customized wrenches.... A lot of those I can't remember what they were customized for.... Some of those can serve multiple purposes.... Some of them are so poorly designed that they barely suit the original purpose.... None of them fit neatly in a drawer.....

But they are a necessity of life.... Plan for them... have some "benders" on hand... A few minutes with a torch, quench them in oil and some tough jobs can be made easier....