New employment!!

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

Hey guy's just wanted to let you guy's know that I am not at Motor City Ford anymore. Had a fallout with my boss and the owners and decided that I needed a change of careers. I'm now at Superior Turbo and Diesel in Detroit. Having experience in as much as I do shouldn't be a problem here.

Good luck with the new job! I know that feeling when you are not on the same program as the managment; it makes it hard to go to work every day, doesn't it?

Are you going to have to change your user name? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Best of luck, Larry.... Word of caution.... do what you can to stay in step with technology (DTS is a good place to start). I've seen a lot of dealership techs get swayed by "the dahk side" only to find out that, three years later, they are obsolete.

I to am leaving my place of employment at James Braden Ford and heading to another Ford dealer. Where I will be getting a straight time pay for wrenching on diesels compaired to flat rape that I get here.

Thanks everybody, I'm not going anywhere, other than a new job. Still going to be up to my asshole in diesel parts!! Only a little different now, I'll be doing some a/m stuff and will be working at a faster pace than before. We specialize in only the engine parts. Detroit,Cat,Cummins,Perkins,Ford,Nav. and so on and so on.

As for Motor City, been there about 5 years and never asked for a raise. Hit record months for the last 4 months and figured I/we were doing all the right things and should be compensated a little more. They didn't think so and pretty much let me know that I wasn't that important to the company, so I had to go. With what I know I can make this anywhere.

Good luck Larry. When are these dealers going to realize that we are not a dime a dozen? A few years back I read an article that said being a mechanic is as complicated as being a computer programer. My wife is a computer programer and she makes almost twice what I do with killer benefits. Young people trieing to make a career decision will look at the pay difference and skip the automotive route. Dealers need to wake up before it's to late and us older mechanics retire or leave to go somewhere else and there are no young people to replace us.

• 2 months later...

It's their loss Larry, You deserve an employer that appreciates you. Best of luck, and I'm sure you'll excell at your new job!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif