perdelta pids

Rate this topic

Perdels are percent change in rotational velocity, used for detecting a misfire or weak cylinder.

Larger numbers indicate a misfire being detected.  This only exists on ’99.5 up trucks and only works after warmed up. #8 cylinder almost always

shows a higher number like 1.0-2.4% It takes about 3% to set a code

during the Contribution Test. The PIDs are only active at idle and go to 0 if revved up.

The Good cyls are 0%.

The BAD cyls are 1.5%-2.5% and higher (except #8).

#8: 1.0-2.0% is normal.

Good Luck!

the truck I am working on will flag #1,but when I go to the pids it does not show that

any are weak,I have used it at idle and hot,is there any reason that it would not work now,this truck is a bit of a long story,about six months ago I use perdelta to fine that #4 was weak,they drove the truck thru a river and bent a rod,they got me to put a junkyard engine into it and now it is back,the uvc harness was loose,I had buzz codes

for #1 #5 #7 high low and it flaged 1# and #7 on contribution,replaced the uvc, idm and #1 and #7 injector, now the only code I have is #1 contribution,I have put fuel additive in the fuel bowl,ipr % is 8-9%,did compression test all at about 400 psi, still working on it not to sure what they want to do with it,it is a junkyard engine so you don't know what you got,oh well

the truck I am working on will flag #1,but when I go to the pids it does not show that

any are weak,

You're referring to Perdels, right?

I have used it at idle and hot,is there any reason that it would not work now,

Perdles only work at idle when hot.

this truck is a bit of a long story,about six months ago I use perdelta to fine that #4 was weak,they drove the truck thru a river and bent a rod,they got me to put a junkyard engine into it and now it is back,the uvc harness was loose,I had buzz codes

for #1 #5 #7 high low and it flaged 1# and #7 on contribution,replaced the uvc, idm and #1 and #7 injector, now the only code I have is #1 contribution,I have put fuel additive in the fuel bowl,ipr % is 8-9%,did compression test all at about 400 psi, still working on it not to sure what they want to do with it,it is a junkyard engine so you don't know what you got,oh well

Please clarify: It runs well, but sets a #1 Contribution code?

Does it idle fine?

What are your Perdel readings?

If compression is even at 400, the cylinders are sealing well.

If these are all fine, but it's setting codes, you may have a bad injector. Run the CC test 3-4 times in a row, with the tranny in drive if it's an automatic. Switch #1 and #3 injectors and see if your problem travels.

Good Luck!

It just has what I would call slight rough idle, good power,the perdelta pid is at 0% all the time,did not try it in drive,I have ran the test 2-3 time and #1 is coming up,have you had a new

injector fail?(it is a for injector) this is the first 7.3 injector I have ever replaced,most of the work I do is 6.0

It just has what I would call slight rough idle, good power,the perdelta pid is at 0% all the time,did not try it in drive,I have ran the test 2-3 time and #1 is coming up,have you had a new

injector fail?(it is a for injector) this is the first 7.3 injector I have ever replaced,most of the work I do is 6.0

I've had more bad reman injectors than I can count...... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

We switched to new Alliant Power units years ago and have not had a bad one yet. :cheers-jeers: