Missing WDS Functions???

Rate this topic

Did I miss something or did we lose the power balance and relative compression tests for the 7.3L? Posted Image I REALLY needed both tests and now I have to spend extra time doing a compression test. These tests did exist right? I'm not dreaming am I? GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!! Posted Image When did this happen?

I recall using both these features on 7.3s in the past.... But -

I'm reminded of the old story - "My wife closes her eyes when we have sex because she hates to see me have fun". Like the woman in that story, the WDS seems to decide on a whim to avoid performing any particular task we ask. Occasionally, it may "close it's eyes" and allow us to have our way.

While I like the concept of the tool, the hardware is outdated and the software is overtaxing it....

Side note - just got back from 38SO8 (advanced brakes).... During the course, a balky WDS was lifted from the docking station (the undock icon never even got pressed) and some un-named person scored two points with the help of a nearby trash can - that was a sight to behold....

FWIW... this bubble gives me Master status... less than three years from beginning.