some useful info for owners

Rate this topic

Thats really good info. I was about to walk out the door the other night when a 2008 truck pulled in with a 6.4L. I overheard him telling the writer that something is wrong with his truck because the trucks idle goes up when he starts it cold. The idle even goes up sometimes when he's at a light. I tried to get involved to let him know that this is normal. The guy is really hard headed and insists that something is wrong. Oh yeah, and his other 2008 with a 6.4l does the same thing and it's at another dealer right now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif

Long story short... I cold start it with him the next morning and explain the 6.4 and all of it's unique features. I forgot toi mention this feature: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif. He bought this truck at another local dealer and told me that nobody explained this stuff to him. I suggested he reads his owner' manual and he said he didn't get one.

Thanks agian for the info. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I took theat link, added two TSB's and posted a quick little article to help get this info out. I think anyone at the dealers should know the information in all three documents at the very minimum!

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-07-05.php